Hi, I’m Heidi Behr, a Mindfulness / EFT Counselor, Yoga and Happiness Practitioner. I’m also a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Certified Addictions Professional with close to 30 years experience. I have a private counseling practice in Winter Park, Florida, specializing in the treatment of anxiety, PTSD, couples, and addiction.
My mission in my counseling, my speaking and teaching, in my art, and in my writing: I want to help connect people to their Source of Light and Love, so they can feel peace in themselves and live more joyful lives.
I’m also a Florida Licensed Clinical Supervisor, and have provided supervision to MSW and BSW students from UCF at various locations in Central Florida (most notably, at Libby’s Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation). I was also an adjunct professor & guest lecturer at the UCF School of Social Work.
Speaker & Trainer topics:
- Enhancing Your Relationships Through the Power of Mindfulness
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, aka Tapping) as a Mindfulness Self-Compassion Practice
- Tapping Away the Inner Critic: How to use EFT as a Tool to Transform Creativity Blocks
- Emotional Freedom Technique: 4-part series – Learn the Basics, Feel The Freedom
- Embracing Your Superpowers to Enhance Creativity
- Self-Care for Therapists and other care-providers
- Spiritual Practices to Help Point Your Compass Towards Peace, Love, and Joy
- Following Your Compass Towards Joy Retreats
- Why Did I Choose This Job? The Gifts of Being a Social Worker
National and International Audiences:
- City of Orlando
- Orange County Public Schools
- Mental Health Counselors of Central Florida
- Boston VA Medical Center
- Wounded Warriors Project Odyssey Retreats, various locations throughout the United States
- Gracious Living Oasis Wellness Centre, Nicaragua
- multiple doctors office and legal practices
- NASW Central Unit
- UCF School of Social Work
- AIGA Wellness by Design
- Atlantic Center for the Arts, Big Bold Bloom Wild Painting Retreat
I am happy come speak to your organization. If you would like to discuss me speaking to your business or at your event, you can call me at 407-252-8035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before coming back home to Florida in late 2002, I coordinated research studies and counseled clients at Yale University’s Substance Abuse Treatment Program; at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston; and at the Boston VA Hospital, specializing in treating veterans with trauma and substance abuse issues.
I also have provided counseling to children and families in various school settings and have counseled hospital employees at the Florida Hospital EAP.
I am an active member of Give An Hour and I volunteer a free hour of therapy each week to a returned veteran or their family member. I have been working as a GiveAnHour therapist with the Wounded Warriors Project since 2012, helping provide support and education on PTSD healing to warriors on Project Odyssey retreats around the country.
I’m a long time yoga practitioner (since 2000) and a mixed-media artist. After years of thinking I could not do art, I now love my art studio where I create Happy Art for Your Heart and I have even had some artwork displayed at the Orlando Museum of Art and at independent shows(!). I also incorporate my own photography into my personalized share-graphics, which you can view on my Instagram or Facebook pages.
I’m a deeply spiritual person — a Catholic Yogi with Buddhist Leanings and a student of A Course in Miracles who chants in Sanskrit most mornings before I sit to meditate. I love life and I strive to live more mindfully each day.
I love making psychological and spiritual well being practices come alive for people so they know how to use them to transform their anxiety & distress into peace, love and joy.
- Masters in Social Work, Boston University School of Social Work
- Masters in Public Health, Boston University School of Public Health
- Bachelors in Arts in Sociology, University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Externship and Core Skills,
- EMDR, Level 2
- Guided Imagery
- Emotional Freedom Techniques, Level 2
- Gottman Marital Therapy, Level 2
- Gottman Leadership Training
- Prepare/Enrich Pre-marital Counseling
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers, State of Florida, # SW 7116
- Certified Addictions Professional, Florida Certification Board, # 4038
- NASW- National Association of Social Workers
“Let compassion be your guide”