I was reading about this in my Meditations from the Mat book this week. (I know I keep talking about that book– b/c I LOVE IT! )
It is so true– I do these things to end my suffering, I do these things to keep me sane, healthy and happy:
- daily prayer
- journaling gratitude
- yoga asana
- morning smoothies
- morning lake walks and/or bike rides
- talking with dear friends to really share about life
- EFT Tapping when I am distressed emotionally or physically
- did I mention prayer?
- being choosey about what I read, watch and listen to each day
- trying to eat mostly healthy food and drink lots of water (I am not ready to give up french fries!)
- being creative in some way
I have learned that many of these foundational practices, as Lezlie Laws calls them, help me set my compass in the right direction. I am heading in the direction that God would have me go- I am then more aligned with the God in me.
Some of these things are daily, but all are things I do each week. I have realized I have to take care of me if I am of any use in this world to others. Please, think about how you are caring for YOU. Your well-being matters. We are all interconnected.
Namaste- Peace be with you!